Localization Director – Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
Baker Hughes is recruiting for Localization Director – Sub-Saharan Africa.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE: BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at a lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Job Title: Localization Director – Sub-Saharan Africa (Job Number: 1924732)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a localization framework and providing organizational support to ensure 100% localization / local content compliance across operating countries in the region. You will also be a one-stop shop for all localization enquiries revolving around exceptions and ensure processes are complied with. You will also be the internal auditor for all localization / local content compliance cases.
- Formulate under the direction of Region Leader, and in partnership with Country Leader, the localization plan and implementation for BHGE Sub-Saharan Africa
- Provide strategic direction and support to build relationships with key government agencies or any agency as required.
- Provide day-to-day support in collation and interpretation of local data related to the Industry that would be required to implement any strategies and plans as deemed fit. Must stay abreast and updated on trends within the industry focused on the development of local content policies.
- Liaise with all BHGE stakeholders to prepare and monitor multiple country-specific local content plans in compliance with local laws for all the proposals submitted by BHGE SSA entities
- Liaise with the all the involved functions – Legal, HR, Sourcing and Finance – in ensuring compliance with the provisions of localization content laws or requirements in operating countries
- Lead support for Sales/Commercial/Project teams with all aspects of local/national content requirements for all tenders and contracts
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant university degree.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage
- Sound working knowledge of the Local Content Laws in region
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant regional Content Law experience in the oil and gas industry
- In-depth understanding of the Oil and Gas legal regime
- Must have experience in actively interfacing with government regulatory agencies
- Must be familiar with proposals preparation and/or project management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Ability to demonstrate effective and efficient management of processes and personnel
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and achieve project goals/milestones
- Ability to manage & maintain budget and schedule requirements.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organisation.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!