- Salary Not Specified NGR
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
Promasidor Nigeria Limited is recruiting for Tax Manager in Lagos Nigeria.
Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Manager
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Reporting To: Senior Manager – Finance
- Efficiently and effectively running of the tax department that protects the shareholder’s fund, proactively predicts and taking actions to mitigate tax exposures and strategically position to dealing with all forms of tax issues with the FIRS, LIRS and other relevant tax authorities.
- Responsible for calculating Income, Education and Deferred tax provisions on a monthly basis
- Ensure efficient and effective tax compliance taking advantage of necessary tax benefits available in the tax laws
- Ensure the company is not exposed to any form of tax liability and provide periodic company’s tax exposure tracker
- Be abreast of new tax legislation and advise on its implication to the business
- Responsible for monthly VAT calculation, validation and remittance
- Responsible for monthly WHT reconciliation and remittance for FIRS and LIRS
- Have a good understanding of Transfer Pricing legislation and practice
- Be responsible for managing Transfer Pricing audits and provide Transfer Pricing support to TP advisors.
- Responsible for FIRS audits and coordinate with tax advisors on audit observations for early resolutions
- Responsible for LIRS and other upcountry tax audits, respond to queries from all states of internal revenue services and ensure open audits are closed as quickly as possible
- Conduct quarterly transactional internal audits, provide impact assessment and advise on mitigating steps
- Timely submission of annual tax returns for the company and obtain annual tax clearance certificate for the company.
- Timely submission of annual tax returns (PAYE) for all relevant tax authorities
- Responsible for monthly PAYE reconciliation and remittances across all relevant tax authorities and receiving original receipts for all remittances.
- Work closely with HR and ICT to ensure the Payroll system works as designed and effectively supports the PAYE system without any over/under remittances of PAYE
- Process Tax Clearance Certificate for all PNG staff from relevant tax authorities
- Procurement of annual acceptance certificate for newly acquired Property, Plants and Equipment of the business.
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules for year-end activities
- Responsible for tax planning and training of the tax team
- Supervision and monitoring of tax unit activities.
Promasidor Nigeria Job Requirements
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Banking and Finance Economics or any related discipline. Relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage
- ACA, MSC, MBA, CITN
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience in a structured organization with a very good tax background
- Tax Management
- Applicable tax laws
- Necessary tax documentation and guidelines
- Tax notices and interpretation
- FIRS guidelines
- Accounting principles
- Accounting systems and practices
- Internal working of LIRS and other states of internal revenue services
- Financial Analysis and modelling
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical Mind
- People Management
- Planning and control
- Supervision and coaching
- Attention to details
Application Closing Date
7th October 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the page open Click “Manager – Tax” and apply
- Carefully check the description of this job BEFORE applying for it. Our selection process ensures that we do not recruit anyone who does not meet our requirements.
- So, take some time and examine carefully the job description below. Do not apply if you feel your actual profile does not correspond to our requirements. We regularly have new job openings, if this isn’t a job for you, you could come back at a later date to see if there are suitable jobs available.
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!